Sunday, December 11, 2005

Statues

I have a pretty large backlog of photos, including a lot of the more interesting statuary from various castles, shrines, and temples. Its been getting rather chilly lately, but luckily no rain since last weekend. Its strange thinking I'll be saying goodbye to all my students in the next couple of weeks. I just got here! The teacher I'm replacing in Kanazawa called me at work the other day to see if I had any questions. I got a look at my schedule and it looks pretty good. If things hold steady, and they should, I'll actually have every Sat/Sun off, which is nice. I think. I'll have just enough kids but not too many, only like 4 kids classes. Enough to keep me in practice. She said its been really cold up there lately, but if it can inspire her to stay in Japan for 6 years, then there must be some nice reasons to stick around. Its crazy, Kanazawa is like a flagship school. It will certainly be a really, really big change. I'm looking forward to seeing what I can see up there. With that said, on to the statues!





Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 comment:

sam said...

i really enjoyed the intimidating lion, the stoic fox-dog, and the... evil... rabbit.

also the christmas penguin, but that was from another post.