Monday, December 26, 2005

Boxing Day

So we had another rumble of the earth on Christmas Eve, more information can be found
here at the august instituion the Japan Times.

In other news, I had quite the international Christmas dinner. 6 of us met at Outback Steakhouse for dinner and companionship. My steak, while probably horribly overpriced compared to quality, was pure heaven. I think any medium rare slab of beef would have been acceptable, I haven't had a steak since I've been here. And I must say that the heart attack baked potato was pretty damn nice too!

In our group we had 2 Canadians, 2 Americans, 1 Trinidadian (?) and a Kenyan. All meeting in an "Australian" restaurant in Japan. Now that is crazyness! After dinner we (of course) headed out to Karoke. Sang a few Christmas Carols, then launched into pop and rock. David (Canadian) did an excellent take on "Balls of Fire" and I of course did my usual "I've Just Seen a Face." A good time was had by all! It was certainly an eclectic celebration, but none the worse for its unconvetional qualities. Merry indeed.

No comments: