Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Fantastic Japan



I've been spending a lot of time in Photoshop lately. Just fooling around really, seeing what looks cool. Presented here are some of the fruits of my labors. First up is a blue modification of the shrine Fushimi Inari. I'm trying to make a rainbow version, but the delicate 'painting' required is driving me nuts. I need a new, more stable, mouse.






Here we have a pair of black and white shots from Koya-san. The forest picture was especially unexceptional as a color photo, but really looks pretty cool monochrome.



I like the desaturation effect on this old thatched house in Shirikawa-go.




Roppongi Hills as a painting.



Focus all the attention on the little girl playing in the river. This was done using the history brush tool, which is insanely cool and useful.



Marie in Kyoto in black and white.




Possibly my favorite, Marie and Fiona in Kyoto, with just their brolly in color. Once again the original photo was nice but not amazing, but with a little work in Photoshop and I think it came out pretty snazzy looking.

No comments: