Friday, March 19, 2010

Jungle Hike



Driving north of Honolulu, the switch from suburb to jungle is actually quite sudden, and at the end of one of those roads is the trail to Manoa Falls.



The dense foliage actually reminded me a lot of the arboretum at the Denver Botanical gardens, only with more tourists and wildlife!



The area was gorgeous, and the waterfall itself is a sight to behold, even though it hadn't rained recently, so there wasn't much water. I'm actually rather glad about that, as I can see the trail being much harder to negotiate if it was wet and muddy.



While the trail was short, the area was unlike most other hikes that I've done, and was a lot of fun. At the top we saw a few tiny mice who were flitting from rock to rock, probably looking for snacks. I tried for a picture, but they were too fast for my camera, unlike this bird, who seemed to be posing for my shots.

No comments: