Sunday, January 06, 2008

Happy New Year!



To celebrate the dawning of a chilly 2008, a group of us headed downtown to try something new. Rather than staying home and going to bed at 9:30, we were off to the swanky club, dressed in swanky duds, to usher in the New Year with some style!



Of course, style costs, we had to pay for the privilege of being swanky. The cost was in both cold hard cash, and cold hard ice forming on our legs. It was bad enough in suit pants, I can't imagine how the poor women, in their dresses, must have suffered.



It was a chilly wait for the light rail, at 1 AM, but in the end, it was a great experience, albeit not one I am likely to repeat next year!



As far as resolutions go I've decided to...

Work at keeping up my Japanese level, and see if I can improve it a bit.

Take German classes and see about that.

Polish my photography, maybe take a class or just keep buying and devouring photo books.

Think about Masters programs, see if I can find something I like, here or abroad.

Travel!

No comments: