Saturday, December 22, 2007

Hard Work

It's hard to believe that I have now been employed for over two weeks. Now that I'm not sitting at home all day, time seems to be flying by, which is both good and bad. Monday was my first full day manning the phones, but we had computer problems so much of the day was spent doing nothing. The call volume has been dropping the closer we get to Christmas, I can't imagine many people will call their tour company on Christmas Eve!

So far, I really enjoy the job. I've taken some pretty cool calls, helped a lot of people, and even made money while doing it! Of course it's not as active or as hands on as teaching was, but the company seems better in a lot of ways, and my co-workers all seem pretty cool. I'd have to say that I think I probably lucked out, but only time will tell.

No comments: