Thursday, September 29, 2005

A day in the life



Waiting for the train.



Ahh Okazaki...



hmmm... the same but.. so different!



A bright and misty morning.

It is strange how quickly the bright and new becomes mundane! How soon we can get into a routine, how work becomes once again, just work. Because I work most days from 1:00 to 10:00, I tend to sleep rather late. This morning I awoke only because the building across the street is being torn down. That can be kind of noisy you know. If I grab the right express train (55 after the hour is a good one) I can be in Okazaki in around 20 minutes. (full disclosure, the train platform above is NOT my stop, I don't have one of my stop.) Then a quick jaunt to Mr. Donut for some fried goodness. Sometimes I have a class right at 1, which means I have to be ready when I get to work, but Thursdays are the exception to that. I only have 3 classes on thursday, 2 of them kids classes. The first one is at 4, so I have plenty of time to prepare, to say the least! When it comes time for 'lunch/ dinner' options are very limited. Around the school we have 3 Chinese places, 2 Curry shops, 2 convenience stores and.... McDonalds! With the cheapest option being the convenience stores, that is usually where I end up. Nothing like a little premade yakisoba and fried rice for taking away your apetite. Once the day ends if I dash across the street I can make the 06 express home, to the internet, dvds, and bed.

It is also interesting how quickly the 'I live hear bug' has bit me. You know how people who live in San Francisco have never been out to Alcatraz and the like? If you live somewhere, you never actually go do the cool things all the tourists do. I bring this up because I still haven't made it to Nagoya Castle, which is supposed to be pretty cool. I haven't been to the top of Nagoya TV tower, which is another blatent copy of a certain Parisian Original. I haven't been to Atsuta Shrine, which is right down the street from where I live, and is one of the most sacred sites in all Shinto. Course to be fair, I am working pretty hard ;-).

No comments: