Monday, June 28, 2010

View from the Mori Tower


While I went to the Mori Tower to see the art exhibit, the fact that a combo ticket to the observation area was available meant I had to take yet another opportunity to view the urban landscape of Tokyo from above.  I've taken some cool pictures of the Mori Tower from Tokyo Tower, so it was fun to get a chance to look back the other way.


Roppongi lies to the south of the center of Tokyo, and offers a slightly different view of the city. I say slightly, because its still a view of endless, wall to wall buildings! Though, if you get a really clear day, you can see Mt. Fuji to the west, poking above the skyscrapers of Shinjuku. Sadly, this day was clear, but not that clear.





We got some pretty cool views, but nothing truely spectacular. Though I'd love to head back up on a super clear day, or for sunset. Out front of the tower is this nightmare inducing metal spider. It's a cast of Maman, by Louise Bourgeois. The original is outside the Tate in London.  Bourgeois died on May 31st this year, which was less than a week before I took the photo.

No comments: