Sunday, February 22, 2009

Snowshoeing in Rocky Mountain National Park



A couple of weeks ago a pair of co-workers (Cristian and Tim) and I went to Rocky Mountain National Park for a bit of snowshoeing.



The day was one of the perfect Colorado days, sunny, and warm, with hardly a cloud in the sky. You couldn't have asked for better weather, so of course there were a lot of people there.



Of course, that's one of the great things about the outdoors, even if there are a ton of car's in the lot, you can still find a place to be by yourself. Especially as a fair number of people didn't have any snowshoes with them, and that made it pretty hard for them to walk in the deep snow.



Even with snowshoes its pretty hard to walk in deep snow, especially if you aren't in the best of shape anymore. One of these days I'll start going to one of the free gyms that's available!



Back in Denver, the light was glorious, but my options for shooting in the late afternoon light were limited to the old apartment buildings on Capitol Hill.



While at the park I got a year pass, so I expect to go back up at least a few more times over the next year. It's really criminal that I hadn't been up to Rocky Mountain National Park in YEARS. It's so close to Denver, and so beautiful in all seasons, there is just no excuse not to go.

2 comments:

victoriasart said...

What beautiful shots of the snow at RMNP. I can feel the cool crisp air as if I were there.

Jen Jones said...

Snowshoeing soudn fun. You're adding stuff to my list that we need to do!