Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas



Every year Denver puts on a Christkindlmarkt, a German style Christmas Market. It's a fairly low key affair, especially when compared to the original's over in Germany and Austria, but a pleasant diversion nonetheless. Liz and I met up one night for some bratwurst, and Glühwein, a hot spiced wine. It's just not Christmas without Glühwein! We poked around the shops a bit, but the high prices kept our wallets in our pockets. $70.00 nutcrackers are a bit out of my price range, though I suppose it's cheaper than a trip to Munich.





The family met up this Christmas morning, for baked breakfast goods, chai, and some gifts! Fritz the schnoodle celebrated his birthday with his favorite toy, left over wrapping paper. He made several trips between the living room and his haunts under the table, bearing paper, ribbons, bows and more to tear, chew, and generally romp in.

After, we went for a walk around the park in the beautiful Colorado Christmas Sunshine (TM). On the way we caught a glimpse of a very cute downy woodpecker, and of course I had to take a picture.



I hope all my readers had a very Merry Christmas. I promise to get back to my backlog of blog updates, starting with Venice and finishing with The Big Island!

No comments: