Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Plague of Hippies



The Democratic National Convention has taken over Denver this week, so I figured I'd take a quick break from European coverage and look at what's going on right on my front door.

Everything is centered right downtown, which happens to be where I work, so I've been dealing with convention goers all week. Luckily, while there are a TON of people, by and large I haven't been impacted by things. No riots outside the door. Yet anyway.

What most people notice (besides the police presence and the hordes of Hilary supporters) is the sheer press of humanity. Seriously, I feel like I'm living in a CITY, and not just plain old Denver. I've never seen the central business district so busy in all my life. I have to admit, its even kind of exciting. Though the hippie protesters are pretty annoying. Thankfully, they seem to be concentrated in areas away from my office building and the light rail station.

And now back to your regularly scheduled Ireland.

No comments: