Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Life after the storm

Allow me to postpone the Beppu post a day or two for a look at life sans guests!

It has been pretty strange to be without visitors. Indeed, the weekend after Liz left was really the first weekend since before Matt arrived that I didn't have ANY plans. I didn't do any traveling, no parties, no guests, no nothing. In fact, of all the people I know, I was one of the only ones still in Kanazawa! Some were in Tokyo, one in Kyoto, on back in the States, and one has gone so far as China. I didn't know what to do with myself! I ended up watching a couple of movies and just generally relaxing.

The weather has been gorgeous lately, warm enough for shorts and Birkenstocks, but not overly sweat inducing. Heck, even the sky is blue, even if it can never that wonderous Colorado Blue that you just don't see anywhere else in the world.

I find lately that I am quite content here in Kanazawa. I guess I'm just more settled and in the swing of things. I have a nice range of friends to hang out with, a nice range of places to go, and in general life is good!

I got another Amazon Packadge last week, with Kingdom of Heaven Directors Cut in it. I never saw the release version, but from what I heard it was lacking in any character development or plot coherency. Luckily the extra 45 or so minutes of footage must have made a big difference, as I found it to be most excellent. Orlando Bloom did a credible job as a lead actor, and the story was interesting enough to string together the epic action scenes! Sir Ridley Scott is still at the top of his game, I can't wait to see what he does next.

Matt sent me an e-mail today.. I quote.

Don't know when, or with what money, but I-AM-COMING-BACK.

I was fighting a bout with (my usual) insomnia here around 1:30am, and decided to check the old posts you made of my trip to Japan.

I got that damn "I'm in Japan" grin again, and the damn thing wouldn't go away the entire time I was reading the blog.

I wanna come back.
I wanna come back.
I wanna come back.
I wanna come back.
I wanna come back.
I wanna come back.

I'll see ya soon.



Heh, so there ya go, another Japan addict. I can certainly see why he might want to come back, we did have a great time.

Well I guess thats pretty much it. Stay tuned for Beppu and then a look at the Big Kanazawa Festival of the year. Fun stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wanna come back.